Do you remember when you were young and nothing mattered?
well I guess "nothing" is the wrong word, the "nothing" of today was easily the "something" of yesterday. Remember when you would ride your bike for miles just to get to the dairy queen for a blizzard, and to feel independent for that brief moment when you paid for it by yourself and sat in the corner observing the world...Just like countless "grown ups" had before you and would after. When "going out" with someone just meant you would walk them to class or scam on the weekend to sneak out of your houses at the same time to meet somewhere, and maybe if you played your cards right, you might get to do some "necking" or cop a good feel. When everyone had dreams of being Pete Rose or Jim McMahon, and the thought never crossed your mind that you weren't even good enough to play sports in college, because at that point in time you were a bright shining star...and people cheered.
if only life were still this easy and simple, right?
fuck that, I like being a "grown up"...
I have made excuses to not drive my car more than a couple miles, and the thought of riding a bike that distance makes my balls ache. I also haven't been to dairy queen in years, when I can look in a place and immediately point out the health code violations, I prefer to not make that cuisine part of my diet. "grown ups" don't voluntarily pay for food poisoning.
I hated sneaking out of the house. I always got caught. My childhood was a little different. Scandalous...Yes! Sneaky...No! Maybe I was too stupid or my parents were too smart but either way is just splitting hairs...fuck copping a feel, I like to get laid.
my heroes were sports figures, yet I wanted to act. I wanted to entertain. Anyone can get beat up, but how many people can make you believe they were beat up when they haven't been touched? How many people can make you cry and laugh multiple times in a one or two hour period? How many people can hold your attention long enough to read this far?
and people cheered...
fact about myself: im back...unleashed. Ripped, stripped, fully equipped. Uncuffed, untouched and in a mood to make it rough. Unbridled, entitled and touching you like a pedophile.
I apologize for the rhyme, but it leads in to my big ups of the day.
big ups of the day: a slam poet who im sure you will all hear of soon, excerpt from the end of a great piece:
when you're steppin on my stage, you're steppin in my lair
im a bear and you're a bunny
and no
this shit ain't very funny.
like Tip said
"you better find somethin new money"
well I guess "nothing" is the wrong word, the "nothing" of today was easily the "something" of yesterday. Remember when you would ride your bike for miles just to get to the dairy queen for a blizzard, and to feel independent for that brief moment when you paid for it by yourself and sat in the corner observing the world...Just like countless "grown ups" had before you and would after. When "going out" with someone just meant you would walk them to class or scam on the weekend to sneak out of your houses at the same time to meet somewhere, and maybe if you played your cards right, you might get to do some "necking" or cop a good feel. When everyone had dreams of being Pete Rose or Jim McMahon, and the thought never crossed your mind that you weren't even good enough to play sports in college, because at that point in time you were a bright shining star...and people cheered.
if only life were still this easy and simple, right?
fuck that, I like being a "grown up"...
I have made excuses to not drive my car more than a couple miles, and the thought of riding a bike that distance makes my balls ache. I also haven't been to dairy queen in years, when I can look in a place and immediately point out the health code violations, I prefer to not make that cuisine part of my diet. "grown ups" don't voluntarily pay for food poisoning.
I hated sneaking out of the house. I always got caught. My childhood was a little different. Scandalous...Yes! Sneaky...No! Maybe I was too stupid or my parents were too smart but either way is just splitting hairs...fuck copping a feel, I like to get laid.
my heroes were sports figures, yet I wanted to act. I wanted to entertain. Anyone can get beat up, but how many people can make you believe they were beat up when they haven't been touched? How many people can make you cry and laugh multiple times in a one or two hour period? How many people can hold your attention long enough to read this far?
and people cheered...
fact about myself: im back...unleashed. Ripped, stripped, fully equipped. Uncuffed, untouched and in a mood to make it rough. Unbridled, entitled and touching you like a pedophile.
I apologize for the rhyme, but it leads in to my big ups of the day.
big ups of the day: a slam poet who im sure you will all hear of soon, excerpt from the end of a great piece:
when you're steppin on my stage, you're steppin in my lair
im a bear and you're a bunny
and no
this shit ain't very funny.
like Tip said
"you better find somethin new money"


3 Comments:
Yes, being a grown up has its advantages, but unfortunately many people don't exchange their dreams of sports superstardom for something else that matches their interests and talents, as you did. Some folks just let their dreams die a quiet death out of necessity and/or neglect. Sounds like you're pursuing yours, though.
copping a feel is still all right....as long as its followed with getting laid.
I'm down for you posting on my blog and I on yours. i'll have to think some good LA hate. perhaps after the holiday, next mon or tues? You can send me a post for mine anytime, i'll put it up with a link to your blog. my email is ihateyouif@yahoo.com it's also on my blog.
i don't miss some things from my childhood and others i do. the bad memories i try to block but the memories of sleeping outside in the tent with my friends, my first metallica concert, my 16th birthday, my"first", the corner candy store"hang out" and so much other stuff. unlike you, my father left when i was young and my mother didn't care what i did so i never got in trouble for much stuff. guess thats why i was pregnant at 15 and had a serious drug problem.
Post a Comment
<< Home